Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The one who mention price first will loose the deal


I have met many hard-working people in my life. Some became successful, while others failed miserably. This lead to the conclusion that your success not only depends on how hard you work, but it is greatly influenced by how well you can negotiate.

Everything in business goes through the process of negotiating. Negotiating requires planning, and you need to know exactly what you want, what you value, and ultimately what you are prepared to trade off.

It reminds me of a song performed by Kenny Rogers, The gambler:

“So I handed him my bottle and he drank down my last swallow.
Then he bummed a cigarette and asked me for a light.
And the night got deathly quiet, and his face lost all expression.
Said, if youre gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.
Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

Now evry gambler knows that the secret to survivin
Is knowin what to throw away and knowing what to keep.
cause evry hands a winner and evry hands a loser,
And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.”


Contradictory to everything inside you, it is the fearless and tough negotiator who will be able to walk away.

Mention the price when the negotiating is done, there will be time enough for counting when the deal is done.

No comments:

Favourite books in my shelve

Favourite books in my shelve